Friday 6 February 2009

REVIEW: Victory Circle Graphix decals

I've used Victory Circle Graphix in the past for frame stickers, having seen them on some bloke's road bike at a local race in 2005. I quickly ordered some nice black 'Discovery Channel Team' style ones with my last name and the Union flag on one set, and the Stars and Stripes on the other (I'm a dual national). Even my kids' bikes have them! The company actually supply frame stickers to a number of the pro teams, including Astana and Bissell.

I thought it would be good to get some for my Club,
London Phoenix, so put the word out to see who was interested. Initial feedback was good, so I asked the folks at VC Graphix to design us some custom stickers using our club logo instead of a national flag. With a bit of feedback and fine tuning, we soon had a great looking design (no extra charge), and ordered up about 20 sets. Feedback on the club website has been very positive, and the service from VC was brilliant. They also offered a good deal on the order as it was reasonably large.
The stickers are extremely durable (they are not thin) and providing you clean the frame beforehand (I use a little isopropyl alcohol), they will stay firmly put. They even seem to resist mild jet-washing (although not the kind of jet-washing my riding buddy Stuart does, which tends to remove the paint!). No signs of UV fade either (some of my original ones are over 3 years old now).

All in all, a great service, well priced and best of all it makes you look like a Pro (alas, no performance enhancement noticed yet). If you want some, email Holly (
holly@vcgraphix.com) and she'll get you sorted.

No comments: