Friday 21 March 2008

EVENT: Good Friday Track Meet 2008

For the past few years I have made a point of attending this great event, and as I now have a track bike, it is of even more interest (see below). Although the event seemed to be lacking in big names this year (no Brad Wiggins, Sean Yates, Malcolm Elliot etc..), it is still a spectacle to behold and a good number of people braved the cold on a very windy day. I 'm not sure I'd have been too happy with a disc wheel on my bike in those winds!

The hilarious selection of trade stands were present as usual (15 year old knackered rear mech or dayglo jersey advertising some local metalworks anyone?!). I did, however, manage to pick up a neat French bike stand called a "Loby's Foot" for a tenner. Anyway, lot's of entertaining action and a great atmosphere. Once again, the event battled and won the battle with the weather. My plan is to be there on the track next year!

No comments: